Practices for Framing E-Commerce SEO Strategy
E-Commerce is the phenomenon of making an online store visible on the search engine result pages. The company desires to rank at the top when people search for the products and services they sell. E-commerce SEO agency optimizes headlines, product descriptions, metadata, internal link structure, and navigational structure for search and user experience. The product to be sold should have a dedicated page to draw traffic from the search engines. SEO addresses the first hurdle to acquiring new customers, getting them to our site.
Developing E-Commerce strategy
- Prioritize pages – We should commence with the pages which get the most traffic on our site. Also, if we want people to focus on a specific flagship product, we need to optimize that product first.
- Creating a workflow – SEO requirements include adding metadata, choosing and naming images properly, adding image alternate attributes, and incorporating relatable keywords.
- Checking the competitions – The e-commerce strategy should be such that it outwits competitors. We need to take glances at the competitor’s SEO strategy and make ways to outshine.
- Following CRO – Conversion Rate Optimization strategy helps to convert visitors into leads and then into customers. It reduces friction in our funnel and enhances the value of the offer.
Practices for Developing E-Commerce Strategy
- Right Keywords – No overloading product titles and descriptions with heavy usage of keywords. The keyword needs to be mentioned in the product headline, description, meta description, image alternate attributes, and sub-headlines.
- Analysis of keyword search volume, CPC, and user intent – While we use a keyword, proper research is mandatory, like how often people searched for it, how much competition it is in the paid advertising SEO agency, and what people intend to use that keyword.
- Conduct Competitor Research – If we do not have clue where to commence with on-site optimization for e-commerce websites, then competitors are the best bet. Larger competitors have already been involved in the legwork for optimizing websites, and many secrets can be learned from their websites.
- Focusing on Homepage SEO – The company mainly focuses on the homepage, its SEO budget, and energy. The essential points to add and optimize for the homepage are as follows:The SEO title tag should include the business name along with the main keyword phrase. This title tag should be written in less than 70 words to attract visitors.
The meta description for the homepage should be in 160 characters denoting the description of the business that will lie beneath the title tag. It should be encouraging enough to allow people to visit the site.
The content on the homepage should allow visitors to acquire information and knowledge on our business and products clearly and concisely. Featuring only certain products on the top page and then giving a unique selling proposition.
- Simplify website architecture – The site must have a clear and distinct hierarchy of navigation, from the homepage to product categories to the products listed in it. This allows the search engine bots to discover pages and products on the website based on a clear internal linking structure that is easy to follow.
- Optimization of Product Pages – It is the blood of business so a common keyword phrase should be added to the product, uploading images of the product from all possible angles with the proper name and main keyword, adding video and customer reviews to boost customer confidence.
- Reduce page loading speed – Focusing on subtracting unnecessary elements from the page, removal of plugins and add-ons that do not contribute to the e-commerce business. The faster the page loads, the higher the company is ranked by Google.
Unlike the majority of e-commerce businesses, jumping straight to increasing conversions is a step ahead, but before we have to get people to the site by framing strategies laid out by an E-Commerce SEO agency then converting them with our offers.